Before & After Care
Why Choose Norvell®?
- Natural Color Results for Any Skin Type.
Norvell® formulations offer a beautiful instant bronze with a smooth transition to a natural DHA tan. Results are natural across a broad spectrum of skin shades and tones.
- Not Just a Tan, it’s a Healthy Skin Treatment Too.
Skin firming formula builds and restores the skins’ matrix, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The highly concentrated antioxidant blend combats daily skin damage.
- Guaranteed Fast Drying, Non-Sticky and Streak-Free Formula.
- No “Orange” Color Development & Odor Inhibitors Control DHA After Tan Odor.
- Lasting Results.
Clients can expect 5-7 days of gorgeous Just off the Beach™ color with proper maintenance. An even color fade ensures complete customer satisfaction.
24-48 Hours Prior to Session
- Exfoliate. Exfoliate. Exfoliate.
We cannot over-stress the importance of pre-session exfoliation. 24-hours prior to your appointment, clear away any dry, dead skin cells with a pH balancing scrub such as Norvell® Renewing Sunless Exfoliator™. For extreme areas use a deep exfoliator such as Intensive Detox Salt Scrub™, no less that 24-hours prior to your session.
- Protect Your Skins’ pH Levels.
Avoid using bar soaps, high pH shower products, or in shower moisturizers. These products can neutralize the DHA bronzing reaction within the skin.
- Hair Removal.
Any depilatory creams, waxing or shaving should be completed 24-hours prior to your session.
Day of Session
- Don’t Create Sunless Barriers.
Avoid applying anything to the skin that may act as a barrier between the sunless solution and the skin. Deep penetration of the solution is key to beautiful lasting color. Do not apply lotions, creams, or perfumes prior to session. Use deodorant sparingly.
- Remove any make-up prior to the sunless application.
- Arrive Prepared.
Wear loose fitting dark colored clothing and remove jewelry. Tight clothing can rub or smear bronzers, especially around the knees, elbows, chest and waist.
Immediately Prior to Session
- Optimize pH Levels.
Apply Norvell® Pre Sunless pH Balancing xLaTan™ spray to stabilize the skins’ pH level as well as to provide a quick surge of moisture within the skin. Having the proper skin pH boosts DHA development, speeding result times and resulting in a deeper, darker tan. Having a stable skin pH combats the dreaded “orange effect”.
- Forget to exfoliate? Pressed for time?
We recommend using our eXmitt® Pre-tan Body Buff to instantly clear away any dead skin cells, clean the skin of any barriers, and balance the pH level of the skins surface. Infused with our proprietary pH balancing formula, the eXmitt® is designed to gently exfoliated and buff the skin while accelerating DHA color development without the need for water.
After Session Care
- Once dry, apply Post Sunless HydroFirm™ Moisturizing Spray to add moisture, seal sunless results and boost the DHA reaction.
- You should refrain from showering as long as possible (up to 24-hours). As with all DHA products, sunless color begins showing development approx. 4-hours after application and continues to darken for up to 24-hours. If you must shower during the 4 to 24-hours following the application, WARM WATER RINSE ONLY. The use of soap can inhibit the full development of DHA color. Important: Cosmetic instant bronzers will wash away during the first shower. Pools and spas that utilize chlorine can cause fading.
- When showering after 24-hours, use only a mild pH balancing shower gel such as pH Balancing Shower Cleanser™. Refrain from using scrubs or high pH soaps as these will strip away your sunless color.
- Extend and build color between sessions with a daily application of Color Extending Pro-Long™ moisturizer. Need Touch-ups? Use 4-Faces™ or any other Norvell® self-tanning product between full sessions.
NOTE: The tips listed herein are instructions to achieve the very best sunless tanning results; however, you can still achieve beautiful just off the beach™ color as a Norvell® walk-in client.